Available City-Owned Sites
The City of Roanoke presently has a variety of sites available for acquisition. A formal proposal for acquisition of City property must be presented to City Council; this proposal must include:
- Identification of the property, and any adjacent property involved in your development.
- Concept plan of the intended development including use, location and size of any buildings, number of units, and a timeline for the completion of the project.
- Description of the qualifications and experience of the proposer/developer.
- Business Plan and Financial Plan for the project.
- Proposed offer for the property.
For more information on available sites, please see the property links below. For information on the proposal process, or for additional questions on specific sites, please contact Marc Nelson at (540) 853-2717.
Site includes two parcels located at 197 Bullitt Avenue, SE and 502 Williamson Rd., SE and consists of approximately 0.88 acres.
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to the Historic Farmers’ Market, the Market Building, and Center in the Square, as well as the Taubman Museum of Art, this site is highly visible from Interstate 581 and less than a half-mile from the I-581 interchange at Elm Avenue.
Located across the street from the Claude Moore Education Complex and just blocks away from the Historic Hotel Roanoke Conference Center, Historic Farmers’ Market, and the Taubman Museum of Art, this site is highly visible from Gainsboro Road, N.W. and Wells Avenue, N.W.