Welcome to Roanoke, Virginia
Roanoke, Virginia is located midway between New York, NY and Atlanta, GA on Interstate 81, and 168 miles west of the state capital, Richmond, VA. The city is the center of one of Virginia's largest metropolitan regions, and a hub of transportation, finance, and industry for the southwestern part of the state. The scenic beauty of the Roanoke Valley, located between the Blue Ridge and the Virginia Alleghany Highlands, makes the city a pleasant as well as an economically diverse place to live and work. The city's position on the East Coast gives it ready access to close to two-thirds of the total population of the nation within a radius of 500 miles.
Roanoke Business Resources
- Language Assistance - If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-329-3230.
- The City of Roanoke ARPA grant applications for funding are now available.
- US Small Business Association (SBA) COVID-19 Guidance & Resources
- SBA Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- Community Profile
- Available Buildings & Sites
- A Look at Top Education, Employer, and Transportation Assets