Welcome to Roanoke, Virginia
Roanoke, Virginia is located midway between New York, NY and Atlanta, GA on Interstate 81, and 168 miles west of the state capital, Richmond, VA. The city is the center of one of Virginia's largest metropolitan regions, and a hub of transportation, finance, and industry for the southwestern part of the state. The scenic beauty of the Roanoke Valley, located between the Blue Ridge and the Virginia Alleghany Highlands, makes the city a pleasant as well as an economically diverse place to live and work. The city's position on the East Coast gives it ready access to close to two-thirds of the total population of the nation within a radius of 500 miles.
Roanoke Business Resources
- Language Assistance - If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-329-3230.
- 9th Street Corridor Streetscape Project – Feedback Wanted
- Gainsboro Community Hub Concept Plan
- Roanoke: Emerging Neighborhood Centers Vision Report
- Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Community Profile
- Available Buildings & Sites
- A Look at Top Education, Employer, and Transportation Assets
Featured Property120 Church Avenue, SE
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to the Historic Farmers’ Market, the Market Building, and Center in the Square, as well as the Taubman Museum of Art, this site is highly visible from Interstate 581 and less than a half-mile from the I-581 interchange at Elm Avenue.