Available City-Owned Buildings
The City of Roanoke presently has several buildings available for acquisition. A formal propsal for acquisition of City property must be presented to City Council; this proposal must include:
- Identification of the property, and any adjacent property involved in your development.
- Concept plan of the intended development including use, location and size of any buildings, number of units, and a timeline for the completion of the project.
- Description of the qualifications and experience of the proposer/developer.
- Business Plan and Financial Plan for the project.
- Proposed offer for the property.
For more information on available buildings, please see the property links below. For information on the proposal process, or for additional questions on specific buildings, please contact Rob Ledger at (540) 853-1698.
Proposal Deadline: April 15, 2019/Expired
Approximately 2.96 acres including the Melrose Branch Library is available for renovation and reuse opportunities. The property is adjacent to the Roanoke City Public School’s Forest Park Academy, Goodwill of the Valleys Jobs Campus, new Melrose Library Branch (currently under construction), and the Landsdowne Park Housing Complex.
Located approximately one mile from the Roanoke – Blacksburg Regional Airport, Towne Square Shopping Center, and Valley View Regional Mall. Within minutes of Interstate 581 and Interstate 81 via Hershberger Road, N.W.