Start, Locate, Expand
Deciding to launch, expand, or relocate a business is a major investment in capital and time. No matter which stage of the business cycle you are in, from considering starting a business, to relocating into the City of Roanoke, or looking to expand an existing City business, we have compiled a wealth of material to make your decision as easy and seamless as possible.
- Sites and Buildings – A database of City and privately owned properties available for lease or purchase.
- Roanoke Centre for Industry and Technology – Information on one of the State’s premiere industrial parks.
- Planning, Zoning, and Permitting – Contacts for issues such as building permits, plan review process, and zoning.
- Entrepreneur Resources – A comprehensive listing of resources within the Roanoke Region for entrepreneurs.
- Incentive Programs – Information on local and State grant and incentive programs, including the Virginia Enterprise Zone program.
- Workforce Development Programs – Assistance with one of the most critical issues facing a business: workforce development.
Business Owner’s Guide
The departments of Economic Development and Planning, Building, and Development have created a Business Owner’s Guide. This document will provide your new or existing business with a wealth of information and contacts, which will prove valuable should you plan to expand, renovate, or relocate your existing business within the City of Roanoke.